Bog Mat, Digger Mat ,Crane Mat, Excavator Mats, Timber Mat, Ekki Mat, Temporary Access Mat the list goes on – just some of the terms we hear daily for the same product – “Hardwood Mats” – its all the same to us!
The main purpose of this type of mat being to support diggers, cranes and other plant on areas where the ground needs protected or to facilitate a stable working area. We find that different sectors of the construction industry refer to our hardwood mats by different names ie. Demolition/Crane Hire speak of ‘Crane Mats’; Pipeline companies call them bog mats or timber mats.
We supply them all! To us they are the same product and the product we both hire and sell throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe
Please Note: ‘Ekki’ mats do technically imply that the wood used to make the mat is tropical Ekki (Azobe; Lophira alata) hardwood. However we do find that the majority of our enquiries requesting ‘Ekki’ mats are just wanting the generic hardwood bogmat – which we hold large stocks of in our yards throughout the UK – for both purchase and hire
We supply bog mats for:
- Pipeline contracts – in oil, gas and Utility industry infrastructure projects
- Wind Farms
- Temporary bridges/crane outrigger mats
- Marine and lake projects/piling/jetties
- Construction and civil engineering contracts
- Working platforms and tracks (for stability of cranes and other heavy plant)
- On sites with hard surfaces and underground services requiring protection
- Temporary roadways (for transport or plant)
- Road extensions and widening
- Emergency temporary access routes
- River and road embankments/embankment stabilisation
- Private lanes and access roads
- Private general land protection
- Supporting structures
- Scenarios in which pressure needs to be distributed
Our mats can be purchased or hired and we deliver throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe.
For all your Bogmat requirements – Purchase or HirePlease call us on +44 (0) 1946 863021or send an email to [email protected]Best Prices and Customer Service Guaranteed